The Roy and Christine Sturgis Library of Cleveland County, located in Rison, Arkansas was established in 1950 as the Cleveland County Library. The library was housed in the judges office of the courthouse until early 1960’s when a new courthouse was built and the library was moved to two rooms on the top floor of the old courthouse.
In 1990 the Library board of trustees and Mrs. Lorene Terry applied for and received a grant from the Roy and Christine Sturgis Charitable Trust. The money from this grant and a matching grant form LSCA enabled the county to build a beautiful new library building. The name was changed to the Roy and Christine Sturgis Library of Cleveland County in honor of the Sturgis Family.
The library is part of the Mid-Arkansas Regional Library System along with Hot Spring County, Dallas County, and Grant County Libraries.